Saturday, May 1, 2010

Puffy Love

Hey y'all!
Today is an absolutely gorgeous day here in Tennessee! I absolutely love Spring!
You know what else I love???

PUFFIES!

One of the awesome yahoo groups that I belong to is the At My House Knitting and Crochet List and for the first time ever I actually joined a couple of exchanges. One of which was a coaster exchange where you are partnered up with another person who signed up and you each agree to exchange one coaster. My wonderful partner was Cinda and she sent me not only one coaster, but SIX! She was so generous and also sent me a scrubby AND a beautiful bookmark. Lookie, lookie....


Gift from Cinda

And to update you on everything else....
I am still single & loving it. I am not even looking nor wanting to date right now. For the first time in my life I am comfortable with it just being me (and my kiddos of course). I am eating healthier, exercising every day & slowly but surely losing weight. This week I lost .6 lbs...not phenomenal, but a loss all the same!

Before I close I wanted to show you what I made for my friend Samantha's son Patrick. He specifically requested a BLACK lion. I started on it almost a year ago, but with all of the chaos a marital separation brings, I really hadn't been able to work on any perceivably big projects so I just kept putting it off. It really wasn't that big of a project at all actually. Very simple and I LOVE the results! It has a removable mane...how cool is that!?!?



Patrick's Lion, front


Patrick's Lion, side

Patrick's Lion, w/out Removable Mane

Did I mention that I LOVE it?!?!?
You can find the pattern HERE.

Ok, that's all I got for ya today.
Y'all have an incredibly blessed weekend.
I love ya's!!!


Photobucket

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
Romans 1:17

2 comments:

glor said...

How cute and happy are those coasters, such a nice thing to receive! You did an amazing job on Patrick's lion, I'm sure he loves him.

a Knitting Junkie! said...

I had such a sweet and generous exchange partner, huh? Patrick was very happy with how his lion turned out...warmed my heart!

Thanks so much!
Big hugs & many blessings,
Anita