Monday, January 4, 2010

Hooked on Snowflakes!

I was done with my Christmas projects but still in the mood to do something Christmas-y or wintery; I was also just itchin' to have yarn running through my fingers so a huntin' I went....searchin' Ravelry and every other knitting and crochet site I could for something to suit my mood and satisfy my urge when I came across snowflakes. Lots and lots of snowflakes! Beautiful crochet snowflakes! So very easy and quick to work up, no chance to get bored of these and by varying kinds of yarns and sizes of hooks, you get a different look with one pattern...I'm still itchin' to do snowflakes! Alas, Valentine's is just around the corner, so my focus must change but you can bet your bum I'll have a whole snowstorm of snowflakes by next Christmas! Oh the ways to use these....in place of bows on packages, as ornaments, hanging in front of windows or throughout the house to make your own winter wonderland...I'm gonna whip some up using plarn made from recycled Walmart bags so that I can hang them from the roof of my porch next year! The possibilities are endless!!!

Here are some of the patterns that I found and will be using again :



Photobucket

And speaking of Christmas....the boys and I
did have a great Christmas together! We had a very good time ringing in the new year together too!! What about you? How was your holidays? Are you ready for this new year? Goodness knows I am!

I love you all,

Photobucket

4 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the snowflake so pretty:) Happy New Year Darcy

a Knitting Junkie! said...

Thanks Darcy! I actually made some of every one of the patterns that I posted but didn't get pics before I gave them away, lol. Hate when I do that. Oh well, happy that they put a smile on someone's face though!

Happy New Year Friend!
((hugs))
Anita

sp said...

thanks for all the links. I shall have to try them later this year when Christmas comes around again. Good idea to start on V day stuff too...I hadn't thot of that. oh, is it too late? ;p

a Knitting Junkie! said...

SP, HA! Naw, it's not too late! I'm still working on V-day stuff now...I got an early start because I knew I'd have various non-V-day projects poppin' up as well between now and then & I wanted to have at least SOME V-day stuff made before it got here! LOL