Saturday, May 2, 2009

Out of Sorts

Hey guys, sorry I've been a bit scarce lately. As the title of this post says, I've just been feelin' out of sorts lately.

I have, however, been knitting like crazy!
I am currently working on a pair of socks. I am learning how to knit them toe up and I have to tell you I love, love, love the toe up method! I am using the Houdini Sock Pattern by Cat Bordhi. I am almost to the heel of it now. It has been my traveling project that I keep in my purse/bag so I mostly only knit on it when I'm out and about. For my "at home" project I am designing/knitting a Power Ranger doll for the BFF's youngest, Jacob. Do you know that there is not a single pattern out there anywhere for a knit OR crochet Power Ranger doll!?!? I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I get it done.

I have also made another elephant, this one was for the man. I though he was gonna have a caniption fit when I gave the first one to Jesse! I had to promise that I'd make him one and he asked me every day where his "heffalump" was. Big baby! Actually, I have to admit that I was quite flattered, lol.

Then I got frustrated having to hunt down my darning needles and such in the bottom of my knitting basket all the time so I made me a pin cushion. I made it with a pocket to hold my little dropped-stitch crochet hook and what's that on front? Do you recognise it? It is a sheep made by none other than my knitter friend Patt!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also got a set of dishclothes made! I got the idea for the set and the pattern modifications from my knitter friend Mary Anne. I just love Mary Anne. She is definitely one of my knitter heros!
The original patterns are the Feather & Fan Cloth from the Dishcloth Boutique and the Basket Rib Dishcloth from Traci Knits. Both are super easy to make. The patterns are easy to remember and make for great take along projects. I love how these turn out and I will definitely be making loads of these in a variety of different colors.

Photobucket

I also designed a cute cloth. I need to take a pic of it, and once I do and get it typed up, I promise to share it with y'all!

Oh, and I do want to share with y'all some good news on the topic of my health/weight, I have lost 13.7 lbs now!! I am feeling so good. I have more energy, more stamina and am gaining more self-confidence. This is a lifestyle that I feel comfortable continuing.

....Ok, I am going to go now and get busy around the house.
Y'all have a great weekend!
Hugs, Health & Happiness,
Photobucket
Jesus said, 'I will never leave you or forsake you' (Hebrews 13:5)

10 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love your pin cushion very cute:)Hugs Darcy

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Thanks Darcy! It's just something simple, but the little sheep on it is quite cute huh? Patt does such a good job making them!

Mary Anne said...

I understand the out-of-sorts feeling and I empathize with you.

You must be so very happy with the weight loss. You definitely deserve a big hug for your efforts! (((hug)))

I love your pincushion with the little pocket and the adorable sheep on the front. As for the power ranger doll, I can't imagine being clever enough to design your own doll. The cloths you made are beautiful. I'm in awe of your knitting creativity, kiddo.

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Mary Anne, big hugs right back at ya friend! It might take me a little bit of time, some froggin' and a curse word here or there to get that Power Ranger just right, but I HATE to not make something just because someone else hasn't come up with a pattern for it!

You are always so kind. Thank you!
((hugs))
Anita

Miss Julep said...

Welcome back! You've been BUSY!! I LOVE all of the projects you have been up to & can't wait to see the Power Rangers doll. My children loved them when they were little.

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Thanks Miss Julep! I have definitely been in the knitting "zone" lately, lol. I have the PR's legs and hips done...hopefully I'll have him finished soon. I sure hope he turns out well!

Patt said...

That pin cushion is adorable and the sheep pin goes perfect with it hon.
I've gotta learn how to do feather and fan so I can make that cloth.
and being out of sorts is exactly how I've been feeling. All I want to do is sleep and play with my clay or make earrings. nothing more.

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Patt--I love my little ship so much I just HAD to find something to do with it where I could display it and not worry about it getting broken. I thought it looked really cute on my pin cushion too! hehehe

I sure hope that we both get out of our "out of sorts" funk. I haven't been able to sleep well since my doctor changed my meds and that leaves me kind of disconnected (and very tired) throughout the day.

I'll be praying for you my friend!

nell@shesnaps.com said...

You're so talented!

Nell
SheSnaps.com

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Awwww...thanks Nell!

Hugs & smooches!