Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh Dear!

I so did not realize how long it had been since my last post!
I guess it is time for a catch-up.

Things are still up and down at home, but there hasn't been anymore blow-up's or tirades from Wayne. So that's good! He is still drinking like a fish. Damon informed me that he was really upset because "Dad's always drunk!" What can I say?

I have been working on another knitting project. My BFF's little boy requested an elephant. I found a free pattern and knit it up. It is knit in pieces and then sewn together. There as a few spots in the pattern that wasn't clear, but I got it; at least until the assembly part. Maybe it is just the blonde in me, but they lost me. I put it together the way that I thought and for the most part is was ok, but it was like there were parts missing or something. I really wasn't feeling it at all. So, being the obsessed knitter that I am, I had to come up with my own pattern. It is turning out sooooo cute!!! I finished it up and the only thing that I didn't like was that it appeared that the poor little guy was taking a nose dive, lol. So I am having to make just a bit of a change to the legs. I will do my best to get some pictures up tomorrow.

I have also been working on making some healthy lifestyle changes. I know that is what I need to do. I also know that it wouldn't do me a bit of good to lose weight unless I make the healthy changes needed to keep it off. So I went on an information expedition. Did you know that the nutritional pyramid doesn't have set amounts anymore? And there is so much contradicting information out there. Then I found it! What 'it' did I find, you ask? SparkPeople. What a wonderful FREE site with a wealth of information on healthy living. On SparkPeople I also found an awesome supportive community and so many tools and resources like a nutrition tracker and a fitness tracker. I just cannot say enough about this site! And I am doing it! I am really making lifelong healthy changes! This is the only thing that has clicked with me. And of course, as I suspected, I am losing weight as a result. The last time I told you all what I weighed I was at 308.2 lbs. Believe it or not, I actually gained MORE weight after that! At one point I was up to 312.0 lbs. Well, I am happy to report that I have lost 8.2 lbs since February 16! Wooo-hooo! Not only that, but I feel absolutely wonderful!
I feel so good, and so positive that I don't even mind sharing a 'before' picture with y'all!
Photobucket

Photobucket

You're more than welcome to visit me on my SparkPeople page too!

And that is what has been going on with me!
What has been going on with you?

I'll catch y'all later!
Hugs, Health and Happiness,
Photobucket

12 comments:

theresa said...

You GO girlfriend!! I have a sparkpeople page, but I can't remember my username/password!! LOL!

I can't wait to see pix of the elephant you knitted ... I'm working on some squares for a ravelry swap, but I'm dying to get back to stuff for ME!! :o)

theresa said...

Oops ... my fingers are faster than my brain! I hit enter before I finished filling out all the info. Teehee!!

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Thank you so much Theresa!!!

You know, I have only made myself one pair of socks since I have been knitting. That's it. I have constant requests from others and I can never say no. I am just so excited that they would want something that I knit!

Hugs, Health and Happiness,
Anita

Yarnmomma said...

Girl.. I had been checking your blog frequently and I'm so glad to see you back...

Knitting is awesome as I am too an avid knitter..

Thank you for sharing your life with the blog family..

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Thanks Stephanie! Knowing that someone actually looks forward to reading my posts is definitely incentive to post more frequently, and it is always great to meet fellow knitters!

Hugs, Health & Happiness,
Anita

Yarnmomma said...

You are awesome .... thank you for coming and joining my gathering at my blog...

I totally agree.. by knowing that someone is intrigued by your words enough to stay and read.. that makes it all worth the while...

Love the pictures.. praise you for feeling good to take those and I give you all the credit cause I am not a photogenic person... weight is one thing I need to get with it on ... Looking forward to your next post...

Patt said...

Oh I'm so proud of you Anita, You rock. I'm going to check out the Sparks site.
I've left something for you on my blog. go see if you can find it. It's a good thing
Hugs Patt

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Thanks Patt!
I stopped by...thank you so much for the award. You warmed my heart so much.

Hugs, health and happiness,
Anita

Mel @ A Box of Chocolates said...

Good for your for deciding to make some lifestyle changes. I have recently loss over 40lb and feel so much better. More alive. Recently I've been working on becoming a runner and it is great to be able to do something you didn't think you ever would. Keep up the great work. You are doing a fabulous job!!!

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Mel--->Thanks, and You Go Girl!

Personally, I have always wanted to be able to go jogging. I know that I have a ways to go since I can only do about 12 mins. of aerobics at a time right now, but that is one of my biggest goals.

I do feel better! And I have SO much more energy! I am finding that I have a hard time sitting still lately. I am looking forward to the healthier me!!!

Thanks again!
Hugs, health and happiness,
Anita

Casual Friday Everyday said...

Good job girl!That is awesome. You keep up the good work. I know it isn't easy. Although I'm not on a diet for losing weight, I am on one for ridding my body of this candida infection. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but I know I'll be happier once it's out of my system and I'm back to normal. We can do it!

Nell

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Nell, I feel the same way about dieting to lose weight. It is hard, but I know I will be much happier in the end!
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me words of support and encouragement. You are such a great friend!
((hugs))
Anita