Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Go Me!

I have been a major couch potato. Homeschooling the kiddos, reading my emails and doing my daily computer stuff on my laptop, Knitting....you know what all of these things have in common? They are done with me sitting right here on my couch-where I am currently sitting on my derriere!

Now, keep in mind I am over 300 lbs. AND I have been a major couch potato, so I have to start small and gradually pick it up, but 10 days ago I set a goal for myself to exercise for 10 minutes every day and I have been doing it!

I started out with Leslie Sansone's Walk-kick DVD from her Walk-Fit series and have even purchased two more dance fitness DVDs featuring MaDonna Grimes.

Most days I have to really talk myself into working out, but I have succeeded and so far I have done it every day! That's a 10-day streak!

Go me!
I am so excited!!!
Hugs, Health and Happiness,
Photobucket

10 comments:

ionwen charlesworth said...

whooop, whooop, well done you. That's fabulous work. Big pat on the back and keep up the good work. XXX

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Thanks! I know it will take some determination, but I am so gonna do it!
---------------------------
Hugs, Health and Happiness,
♥♥Anita♥♥
gmail: eat.sleep.knit

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I accidentally hit the wrong button on your comment on my blog do to migraine could you leave a comment again?Hugs Darcy

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I'm proud of you 10 days!!!Hugs Darcy

Mel @ A Box of Chocolates said...

Way to go!! Keep it up girlfriend.

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Thanks guys!

Darcy, which post was the comment in hun?
---------------------------
Hugs, Health and Happiness,
♥♥Anita♥♥
gmail: eat.sleep.knit

Mary Anne said...

Yay for you!

A Knittin' Junkie! said...

Thank you Mary Anne!
Hugs...Anita!

KittsKrafts said...

You go girl!!!! I am proud of you!
Keep it up! :-)
=^..^=

Kaine said...

Keep it up Anita! You can do it! I also struggle with working out on a more consistent basis. My excuse is that I don't have enough time but even though I am busy I CAN make time. So I joined the local Y and have been running the Couch2 5k program. (Found it on sparkpeople). So keep it up and it will get easier and easier and you may even enjoy it more than you thought!

P.S Love your knitting also! I am a beginning knitter so your blog is motivational :)