Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Great Recipe and General Rambling

Hello!
Are you getting geared up for Christmas?
We always put our tree up on the 11th. It has become our tradition to decorate on hubby's birthday. That's when I start getting geared up. I am still working on Christmas presents and have completed the second hat, another pair of socks, and am still working on Mom's hooded scarf. I have also begun working on one of hubby's birthday presents (I can't say what it is 'cause hubby peeks in on occasion Photobucket). I think he'll like it though and as soon as I give it to him, I'll share the link to the pattern.

What I can share with you now though is a great, super easy and inexpensive recipe!
I came up with this concoction for dinner tonight.

Mexican Casserole
Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 can of kidney beans, drained
  • 2 cans of black beans, drained
  • 1 large can of corn, drained
  • 1 jar of salsa
  • Velveeta cheese (sauce or melted block cheese)
Preheat oven to 350°. Brown ground beef and drain. In 9x13" baking dish, mix all ingredients well, pop in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Voila! All done and very delicious!

Ok, off to get some more knitting done.
Hugs...

Photobucket

4 comments:

Ann said...

You have no idea how much I want to knit. I blogged about it the other day... someday. Until then I will live vicariously through you....

I am taking the afternoon to read new blogs. I hope you do not mind me stopping by. Feel free to check out my blog. I am having a give-a-way that will end on Monday. Three winners! :D

A Knitting Junkie said...

Hey Ann!
I'm thrilled that you dropped by! I would soooo teach you to knit if you lived nearby. Since that isn't an option, I would recommend that you visit www.knittinghelp.com where you will find videos showing you how to do everything knit related for free!!! Awesome resource and each video is very easy to follow. You are welcome to live vicariously through me too though..hehehe.

I dropped by your blog to check it out. You now officially have a new follower!
Say, do you twitter?

This Eclectic Life said...

I like the idea of waiting until later in the month to decorate! I get so tired of the decorations that I'm tearing them down the day after Christmas. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Sounds yummy!

Now do you have a post you would like me to Tweet?

A Knitting Junkie said...

I still am ready to tear everything down the day after! lol
That recipe truly is yummy! We just had it for dinner again this evening.

I guess you can tweet this
--
Anita