Saturday, November 29, 2008

As November Comes to an End...

Things are extremely hectic for everyone this time of year, and it is no different for me. Thanksgiving dinners, birthdays, Christmas.....I have had one heck of a year filled with death, separation from my husband (after 8 months, we decided to try and work things out), and losing all of my girlie parts...I for one will be extremely happy to see then end of 2008!

On the bright side, I have been one knitting fool! I have gotten so much knitting accomplished and that makes me one happy woman! I have mastered knitting two socks on two circular needles (wooo-hooo!), gotten two more pairs of socks made, a hand-towel that started out as a dishcloth from this pattern, but I modified by lengthening it, adding some stripes and some eyelet lace stitches (a birthday present for a friend who's bathroom is decorated with frogs), a hat from this pattern, made using Stylecraft Carousel Double Knitting yarn in the Lilac Hue colorway. I loved it so much, that I am almost done with another one using I Love This Yarn in Pink for my best friend. I am also working on this hooded scarf by Lion Brand in Caron Simply Soft Eco in Lilac Bud for my mom....and I still have so much more to do!

Hopefully I will be getting a new camera this week and if I do I'll be sure to post pics.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hugs....
Photobucket

4 comments:

Patt said...

All Good things Anita gurl. Wish I could knit fast. I love hats and hoods.
Hugs Patt

A Knitting Junkie said...

Thanks for stopping by Patt!
I was making the first hat for my mom, her health isn't good and I figured she needed one this winter. She and I got to talking one day and she mentioned that she doesn't like hats but would really like a scarf that she could wrap around her head and did I think I could make her one...hehehehe....great Christmas idea!
Hugs...Anita

Simply Vintagegirl said...

Thank you for the birthday wish, I have had a wonderful day!

I am glad that you are able to enjoy the calendars I made, I am happy to have been a help! :)

God Bless,
Miss Emily Rose
www.simplyvintagegirl.com

A Knitting Junkie said...

Miss Emily Rose,
I am so thrilled that you have had such a wonderful birthday!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs...Anita